When We are the Data Controller. We comply with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. We have certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
COOKIES & OTHER TECHNOLOGIES ON THE SITE
Like most website operators, we collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. We may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website. We use analytical software to help us understand this information. This software sends information to its licensor. Other sites and companies may also use this software. As a result, the licensor may collect information, that when aggregated by them, allows them to identify you individually. We have no responsibility for this collection and use.
We also collect information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses from Site visitors. YCN Media Group only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left. Combined with other information, it is possible to use this information in the aggregate to identify you individually. To delete session cookies, simply close your web browser or turn off the computer’s power. The session cookies will be deleted automatically. Simply closing your web browser or turning off your computer will not delete persistent cookies. In order to delete persistent cookies, you will need to manually delete them through your browser’s settings options. You can disable both session and persistent cookies by adjusting the settings on your web browser. For instructions on disabling cookies, click here.
PERSONAL DATA YOU PROVIDE TO US
In order to use our Services, and other features of our website, we will ask you for personal data (e.g. contact information, name, etc.). The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who would like to comment on our blog to provide a username. Those who purchase Services from us are asked to provide additional information, including, as necessary, the personal and financial information required to process transactions. In each case, YCN Media Group collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with WPEngine. YCN Media Group does not disclose personal data other than as described below. You can always refuse to supply personal data, however, doing so will prevent you from receiving Services and may prevent you from engaging in other activities on the Site. In no event will we ever gather sensitive personal data (e.g. health information, religious preferences, etc.) from you and we expressly request that you not provide any to us in any free-text fields that are present on the Site.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- In response to a subpoena, court order, or other valid legal process.
- To prevent, investigate, or stop illegal or malicious activities including violations of our acceptable use policy, threats to our facilities, and threats to the physical safety of any person.
- To our affiliated companies or to any entity that acquires majority control of us or one of our business units through merger, acquisition, consolidation, or otherwise.
You may opt-out of receiving most e-mails from us by following the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in the e-mails. Alternatively, you may contact us at the information provided below.
Your name, screen name (if provided), website and comments will be made public on our blog.
We participate in the EU and Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Framework as set forth by the United States Department of Commerce. As part of our participation, we have agreed to TRUSTe dispute resolution for disputes relating to our compliance with the Safe Harbor Privacy Framework. Please click here for fax and postal mail information. TRUSTe’s dispute resolution process is only available in English.
DMCA WEBSITE NOTICE
If you believe a YCN Media Group customer on a site hosted by YCN Media Group is infringing your copyright, please send a written notice to:
YCN Media Group, Inc.
601 Timothy John Dr.
Pflugerville, TX, 78660
Section 512(c) of the DMCA requires that a notice include all of the following in order to be valid:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit YCN Media Group to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit YCN Media Group to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the foregoing requirements your DMCA notice may not be valid and YCN Media Group may take no action.